Interview With Early Stage Investor Permjot Valia
Nothing beats learning from experienced heads. As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure you are wildly successful with video we are to start running a series of interviews with individuals that can help you in your video strategies and planning.
First up we are talking Start-Ups and specifically investor pitch videos.
We were lucky enough to convince one of Wooshii’s first investors Permjot Valia to talk to us on camera about his experience receiving investor pitch video from startups.
NOTE: So this was our first go at running on screen interviews. There were some issues with sound and lighting. There, I admit it. But the interview was so interesting we thought we’d push it live anyway.
Permjot is a prolific angel investor in the UK, US, Canada and South Africa. He is the co-founder of a business recovery fund and also the founder of MentorCamp (a startup mentor event held in regions across the globe – mentorcamp.ca).
• whether a video pitch is a good idea
• what to include in your video pitch
• some tips on how to deliver the videos
• and a bunch of interesting stuff besides
There is a bundle of interesting commentary in the video but here are our quick three learnings.
1. The New York Pitch – Traction and Ask – Grab the investor’s interest with the headlines on your companies traction and what you are looking for
2. Quality – No excuse for bad quality videos. Quality videos sell your product, business and your ability to execute
3. The first 10 seconds – Hook them – Like any video you will lose interest quickly so you’ve got ten seconds to wow your investor into thinking, “let me hear more”
**** EXTRA BONUS - Work with Permjot Valia to hone your investor pitch! ****
Permjot has worked with hundreds of companies coaching them in investor pitching. He has kindly agree to help one reader make their video pitch perfect.
Who knows you may even pick up an investor?
To enter simply SHARE THIS interview ….
and we’ll pick a winner to take advantage of this deal.